The objective of the OTHM Level 8 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership Practice qualification is to develop strategic management and leadership skills for managers who have the authority and personal attributes to translate organisational strategy into effective operational performance.
This qualification reflects current practice in Strategic Management and Leadership and allows learners to develop and expand their high-level understanding of strategic management and leadership in the workplace. This qualification is suitable for mature learners with a background in academic study or industry. The qualification has a clear work-related emphasis on practical skills development alongside theoretical fundamentals.
The qualification will enable learners to become independent, self-directed learners with tools and motivation to continue learning, developing, and reflecting on practice throughout their careers.
The course aims for the following:
- To enable learners to apply analytical and evaluative techniques to business in private and public sectors.
- To enhance analytical and evaluative skills relating to business across a number of industries.
- To develop the learners ability to recognise and reflect on the process of personal learning and development which facilitates the enhancement of key personal, sociable and other transferable skills.
- To develop the learners ability to formulate and use appropriate methodologies and approaches.
- To ensure the learner understands how to initiate, design and undertake research, development or strategic activities that extend or produce significant change in the field of work or study.
- To ensure the learner can critically evaluate actions, methods and results and their short and long-term implications for the field of work or knowledge and its wider context.
If English is not your first language, either evidence that the master’s degree was taught mainly or entirely in English, a minimum TOEFL score of 101 or a minimum IELTS score of 6.5, or an equivalent English language qualification.
Entry to the qualification will be considered on the basis of
- an up-to-date and comprehensive CV
- submission of a personal statement and
- interview to assess suitability and potential to achieve
- details of 2 referees or 2 references, one of which should ideally be an academic reference
- ability to demonstrate appropriate links to the practice the proposed research refers to.
OTHM qualifications at RQF Level 8 portray practice skills and competencies that are rated in academic terms as being comparable to Doctoral Degrees and Vocational Qualifications at Level 8.
The OTHM Level 8 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership consists of 5 mandatory units and 3 optional units making a combined total of 180 credits, 1800 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 900 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Developing Strategic Management and Leadership Potential (20 credits)
- Managing Strategic Change (20 credits)
- Project Development, Planning and Management (20 credits)
- Advanced Research Design and Methodologies (40 credits)
- Developing Research Capability (20 credits)
- Globalisation and Corporate Governance (20 credits)
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation (20 credits
- Strategic Human Resource Management (20 credits)
- Supply Chain and Operations Management (20 credits)
- Strategic Financial Management (20 credits)
- Strategic Marketing (20 credits)
Learners completing the OTHM Level 8 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership Practice can progress to a university partner to discuss a research proposal for DBA/DProf/PhD or directly into employment in an associated profession.
The qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation).
To apply for this course now click here