The objective of the Level 4 Diploma in Business Management qualification is to provide learners with an excellent foundation for building a career in a range of organisations. It designed to ensure each learner is ‘business ready’: a confident, independent thinker with a detailed knowledge of business and management and equipped with the skills to adapt rapidly to change.
The content of the qualification is focused on:
- managing business communication
- understanding the business environment and organisations in a global context
- business functions including people management
- quantitative methods in business
- finance for managers
- research and academic writing.
The qualification is ideal for those who have started, or are planning to move into, a career in private or public sector business. Successful completion of the Level 4 Diploma in Business Management qualification will enable learners to progress to further study or employment.
Qualifications at RQF Level 4 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Higher National Certificates (HNC) and Year 1 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree programme.
The Level 4 Diploma in Business Management consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 480 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Research and Academic Writing (20 credits)
- Business Environment (20 credits)
- Introduction to Business Communication (20 credits)
- Introduction to Quantitative Methods (20 credits)
- Introduction to Business Functions (20 credits)
- Introduction to Finance (20 credits)