Entry Requirements: A minimum Diploma or Level 4 qualification OR A levels plus at least 3 years relevant work experience. Evidence of English Language capability at a level equivalent to IELTS 5.0 Other qualifications may be considered on a case by case basis.
- Minimum Age: 18 yrs
- Duration: 6-12 months
- Intake Dates: January, April, July, October
- Fees: Please see fees page www.scbm.org.uk/fees/
- External Exam Fees: Included
The objective of the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training qualification is intended to develop learners’ understanding of policy, management theory and practice in education. They provide learners with an opportunity to engage with the challenges facing professionals and policy makers in their own country. They will provide knowledge that underpins the ability to work as an effective manager in the education sector. They combine both theoretical and practical knowledge in the education profession and will develop and enhance knowledge and skills in the areas of leading change, effective performance, planning and accountability, development and team leadership. Learners will be able to work in a variety of roles within education administration and/or management.
OTHM qualifications at RQF Level 5 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Foundation Degrees, Higher National Diploma (HND) and Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree.
The OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training qualification consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 480 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Theories and Principles of Education and Training (20 credits)
- Lifelong Learning: Principles and Issues (20 credits)
- Resource Management in Education (20 credits)
- Develop and Evaluate Operational Plans for Own Area of Responsibility (20 credits)
- Provide Leadership and Direction for Own Area of Responsibility (20 credits)
- Professional Practice and Development in Education and Training (20 credits)
Successful completion of the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training qualification enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their study towards a relevant Degree top-up programme with advanced standing at many universities in the UK and overseas. For more information visit University Progressions page in this website.
To apply for this course now click here